Lady Raiders Softball Team Rank 4th in City’s A division

Photo credit: Yearbook Innovation

The Lady Raiders ended their season with a loss to Hunter College High School in their semifinals game at St. John’s on June 4th. They left this game ranking 4th out of 32 teams in the city and made their coach, Ms. Joia proud. “I am extremely proud of my players this season. Coming from the AA division last year and being at the bottom, we knew we had more talent this year and that we can go further in the single A division. We worked so hard from February workouts until our last moment on the huge stadium at St John’s this June. People played different positions this year and even some who had little to no experience. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of kids!” said Coach Vanessa Joia. 

The Lady Raiders started off this softball season strong with their 20-5 win against New Utrecht High School.  With teamwork, dedication, and motivation this team grew close and united. The bonds they created and their athleticism led them to a 10 and 4 season, placing them 3rd in the Brooklyn/Staten Island A Division. This record boosted the Lady Raiders to the playoffs. On May 24th, PRHS played their first game of the playoff season against Baruch College High School and won with a score of 10-0. Their 11-9 win in their quarterfinals game against Grand Street Campus brought them to the semifinals.  

The Raider family congratulates the Lady Raiders and Coach Joia on their successful softball season. They have made their Raider family proud.